Tuesday 19 February 2008

Sleeping States


photo by welcomepics

I've been very slack lately when it comes to seeing gigs featuring London bands - especially midweek shows. I just can get my motivations on after finishing work etc. And i see gigs listed in Timeout, NME, Le Cool etc. but never write them down in a calender or anything... thinking my brain will just pop sticky note behind my eyes to help me remember... so, yeah, here's to turning over a new leaf for 2008, and i'll start next Tuesday with FANFARLO's single launch at the Luminaire in Kilburn which features SLEEPING STATES in support. They are basically a one man band type thing, the dude in question being called Markland, and his myspace has a smattering of their fab indie pop tunes. Here's a video for my favourite song "Rivers" to whet your interest:



This song is my pick of the week! Beyond Rad!

No comments: