Tuesday 26 February 2008

I Can Only Blame Paris

I've been out of the loop this weekend, my eyes were off the ball, my ears are now hungry! I'll be putting together a new podcast this week (i promise!) but would welcome some suggestions for where i should aim my antenna... heard anything amazing this week, anything essential? Drop me a comment below.



I spent the weekend in Paris with the squeeze, staying in an apartment on Il Saint-Louis and adventuring to Sacre Couer, Chateau Versailles (part of which is pictured above) and a few newly discovered museums and galleries. The Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature was a particular highlight with its amazing collection of taxidermified animals and hunting regalia (see picture below). We also loved the Art Deco furniture on display at the Musee d'Orsay but were a little disappointed with the collection (and overwhelming crowds) at Chateau Versailles. I'd recommend going there midweek or early in the day to avoid the hour-long lines and I'm also sure the gardens are better in summer or spring.



Food highlights were the delicious crepes at Breizh Cafe in the Marais, and a great vegetarian dinner on our last night at La Victoire Suprême du Coeur... plus the somewhat extravagent "first class" Eurostar journey back to London with free champagne, wine, cheeses, leek tarts, chocolates and succulent beef (me) and poached fish (her). We didn't venture out to any live venues - to be honest it was hard finding a decent Paris gig guide (please suggest one if you know one) and we satisfied our booze-cravings in a few small but unremarkable bars around the Latin Quarter, Marais, the Oberkamf and St Germain.

The soundtrack to our weekend? Was there ever any other choice!!!


"Paris" - Friendly Fires

No comments: