Wednesday 12 March 2008

Ida Maria

I put some pasta on last night (4 cheese ravioli with a light but spicy napoli sauce) and really needed to hear Drive Away My Heart by IDA MARIA over and over and over and over again. Its up there with the new ones from Envelopes and Mystery Jets as my fave tune for this particular 24 hours...

Here's the video, featuring a giant bankrobbing heart-dude:



Ida (pron. Eedah) is from Norway but now based in Stockholm, Sweden, and was here in London with her band last night supporting Guillemots (which i missed), and will be playing SXSW this week before returning to the UK for two dates at the Barfly...

SXSW
Thursday, March 13 12:45 a.m. Latitude 30
Friday, March 14 1:30 p.m. SESAC Day Stage Cafe Austin Convention Center

UK
Tuesday, March 18, XFM Exposure, Barfly London
Wednesday, March 19, XFM Exposure, Barfly Cardiff

I think I'm turning into a massive fan. Her voice and approach reminds me at times of a punkier version of Bertie Blackman from Sydney and her track Oh My God is already been getting lots of play here in the UK, and the newest single Stella has just hit stores.

You can check out more Ida Maria below or here, and dates and tunes on her myspace.

No comments: