Saturday 26 April 2008

ATP rule my world


The Drones, photo by Dennis Stempher.

All Tomorrow's Parties get busy stateside over the next couple of months, presenting their "Don't Look Back" shows in Chicago (Mission of Burma and Public Enemy) for the Pitchfork Festival before teaming with My Bloody Valentine in September for ATP in New York.

Details for the NYC gig (at a holiday park in the Catskills!) already look promising with Low, Mogwai, Shellac, Edan, The Drones (pictured above), Polvo, My Bloody Valentine and Thurston Moore all confirmed. Plus two of my favourite bands of the late 90s will be performing two of my favourite records of the 90s... Built to Spill do Perfect From Now On... and Tortoise do Millions Now Living Will Never Die.

So awesome. Wish i could go! The Chicago show also looks amazing with some of my fave new bands - The Dodos, Fleet Foxes, Ruby Suns and Jay Reatard... plus ol' faithfuls like Jarvis Cocker and Dinosaur Jr.

Speaking of Jay Mascis and co. they turn up at the forthcoming Explosions in the Sky curated ATP next month alongside The Constantines, Broken Social Scene, Iron and Wine and on and so rad and amazing and rad and on and on on...!!!

I have back-to back weekends of this awesome-ness because i also have tickets for the Pitchfork ATP at Camber Sands the week before. Sorry, my keyboard is moist with drool and feel like i'm gloating. In the lead up to these sensational set of festivals i'll be posting some details on the bands appearing, so stay tuned.

No comments: