Friday, 11 April 2008

Mister Lonely

In spite of patchy reviews and warnings from friends to steer clear, i'm still super keen to check our Harmony Korine's new film MISTER LONELY. Although it seems i'm a little late to the game having just found out its no longer playing in UK cinemas! Curses.

Anyway, the trailer is what got me all excited, especially this one with the japanese subtitles. I'd love it if the actual film had these!



If, eventually, I'm disappointed with it, i can assure you my love for Gummo from 1997 will remain strong and true. Its just amazing, probably one of my top five films ever, and if you have never seen it, stop reading blogs and rent it out... oh, wait, go here first to hear some of the Mister Lonely sountrack featuring J Spaceman (Spiritualized) and Sun City Girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like Gummo and Will Oldham, I recommend checking out this film:

ghandshake.com

Shame you missed Mister Lonely. It was a perfect film for a dreary Friday in London at the Rio.

Ryan said...

Ooh, that film looks great. thanks for the tip-off! I never saw that recent Will Oldham film either... what was it called? ...but heard good things.

thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

My pleasure. It is a joy to proselytize in London about good things to come out of the States. I can also recommend a band you may not have heard yet: http://www.myspace.com/olapodrida

And I believe the title of the other Will Oldham film you're looking for is Old Joy, which is also good, but not wildly surreal like The Guatemalan Handshake. Although, I do have to fess up that I'm friends with the director.

I'm glad I found your blog and will be checking back. All the best.